Peter Mayhew undergoes knee-replacement surgery
Los Angeles: `Star Wars` actor Peter Mayhew underwent a double knee-replacement surgery recently.
The 69-year-old actor who played the role of Chewbacca and Harrison Ford`s sidekick in the first three `Star Wars` films, is currently recovering in a Texas hospital after undergoing the surgery, reported People Magazine.
Mayhew hopes the surgery will let him walk again.
"We have made him bigger, stronger & faster; now if we can just get him out of bed! Taking it slow and steady," his family wrote on his Twitter page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actors prays for her good health
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon