Peter Mayhew undergoes knee-replacement surgery
Los Angeles: `Star Wars` actor Peter Mayhew underwent a double knee-replacement surgery recently.
The 69-year-old actor who played the role of Chewbacca and Harrison Ford`s sidekick in the first three `Star Wars` films, is currently recovering in a Texas hospital after undergoing the surgery, reported People Magazine.
Mayhew hopes the surgery will let him walk again.
"We have made him bigger, stronger & faster; now if we can just get him out of bed! Taking it slow and steady," his family wrote on his Twitter page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Kangana Ranaut a true fashion chameleon: Tarun Tahiliani