Peter Mayhew undergoes knee-replacement surgery
Los Angeles: `Star Wars` actor Peter Mayhew underwent a double knee-replacement surgery recently.
The 69-year-old actor who played the role of Chewbacca and Harrison Ford`s sidekick in the first three `Star Wars` films, is currently recovering in a Texas hospital after undergoing the surgery, reported People Magazine.
Mayhew hopes the surgery will let him walk again.
"We have made him bigger, stronger & faster; now if we can just get him out of bed! Taking it slow and steady," his family wrote on his Twitter page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles