Peter Mayhew undergoes knee-replacement surgery
Los Angeles: `Star Wars` actor Peter Mayhew underwent a double knee-replacement surgery recently.
The 69-year-old actor who played the role of Chewbacca and Harrison Ford`s sidekick in the first three `Star Wars` films, is currently recovering in a Texas hospital after undergoing the surgery, reported People Magazine.
Mayhew hopes the surgery will let him walk again.
"We have made him bigger, stronger & faster; now if we can just get him out of bed! Taking it slow and steady," his family wrote on his Twitter page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oscars 2017 Best Picture award announcement gaffe: Donald Trump reacts!
- Virendra Sehwag’s reply to Gurmehar Kaur’s post row: Don’t hang me over a laugh, writes Randeep Hooda
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey