Petition signed to prevent Kanye from headlining Glastonbury
An online petition has been launched to ban rapper Kanye West from headlining the popular music festival Glastonbury. West, 37, recently confirmed he would take over the famous Pyramid Stage on June 27.
Los Angeles: An online petition has been launched to ban rapper Kanye West from headlining the popular music festival Glastonbury. West, 37, recently confirmed he would take over the famous Pyramid Stage on June 27.
Neil Lonsdale, who started the online petition, said the rapper 'is an insult to music fans all over the world' and wants him to 'pass his headline slot on to someone deserving', reported Aceshowbiz.
Numerous people planning to attend this year's Glastonbury Festival were disappointed after they found out that Kanye West would be among the fest's headliners.
"We spend hundreds of pounds to attend glasto, and by doing so, expect a certain level of entertainment," Lonsdale said.
"Kanye has been very outspoken on his views on music... He should listen to his own advice and pass his headline slot on to someone deserving! Let's prevent this musical injustice now!" he said.
So far, 25,000 people have signed the petition. One supporter said, "I work at Glastonbury festival and would be utterly ashamed to be associated with such a misogynistic, selfish, racist and arrogant being as Kanye West. Glastonbury Festival is about classic bands, not these sorts of hip-hop artists."
Foo Fighters will also headline the five-day fest that is scheduled to run from June 24 through June 28 in Pilton, England.