Pharrell William `s Grammy hat auctioned for USD 44,100
Los Angeles: The hat that Pharrell William was wearing at the Grammy Awards has been bought by a sandwich chain `Arby`s` for USD 44,100 as the winning bid in an online auction.
The producer-singer-rapper, who received an Oscar nomination for his song `Happy` from the movie `Despicable Me 2` tweeted, "Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for USD 44,100".
The hat was reportedly auctioned to benefit his Virginia Beach-based nonprofit, which now supports underserved youth between the ages of 7 and 20 in at risk communities throughout the country.
The fast food eatery tweeted about their winning bid, writing, "@Pharrell You`re welcome. We`re HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!"
Sunday night, Pharrell performed `Happy` at the Academy Awards, and was seen wearing a black version of his trademark hat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vir Das’s look for new film will stun you! See pic to believe it!
- Yami Gautam to romance Hrithik Roshan in romantic-thriller
- Deepika Padukone reads letter penned by father Prakash Padukone – Must watch - You will be moved to tears
- Katrina Kaif-Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘date’ on Valentine’s Day!
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?