Pharrell William `s Grammy hat auctioned for USD 44,100
Los Angeles: The hat that Pharrell William was wearing at the Grammy Awards has been bought by a sandwich chain `Arby`s` for USD 44,100 as the winning bid in an online auction.
The producer-singer-rapper, who received an Oscar nomination for his song `Happy` from the movie `Despicable Me 2` tweeted, "Thank you to whoever bought my Grammy hat on @eBay for USD 44,100".
The hat was reportedly auctioned to benefit his Virginia Beach-based nonprofit, which now supports underserved youth between the ages of 7 and 20 in at risk communities throughout the country.
The fast food eatery tweeted about their winning bid, writing, "@Pharrell You`re welcome. We`re HAPPY to support a great cause & get our hat back. Good luck at the #Oscars tonight!"
Sunday night, Pharrell performed `Happy` at the Academy Awards, and was seen wearing a black version of his trademark hat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!