Pia Pauro to unveil Tanzania inspired line at WIFW
New Delhi: Designer Pia Pauro will present shield skirts and dresses and also large sun dresses at the forthcoming edition of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW). She says that the collection is inspired by her Tanzania trip.
"The collection is inspired by my journey to Tanzania and has been named Zanzibar. The collection is a reflection of the vast African landscapes, the wildlife and the people of Africa," the designer told IANS.
Pauro has used colours like red, yellow, green on fabrics including cotton, viscose jersey and crepe de chine to make designs that would also offer bags.
The designer said: "The pool group is inspired from savage woman in Africa and the embroideries incorporate feathers. Some prints are inspired from 1950`s Africa and the embroidered dresses inspired from Xulu and Masai masks."
She said that the USP of her collection is embroideries, prints and dresses.
As far as buyers are concerned, Pauro said she would like "our buyers to really understand the pulse of the brand, it`s important that the store shares the same brand aesthetic."
The five-day WIFW event is starting Oct 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smartphone addiction taking its toll on sleep: Study
- Oh boy! Playboy features first Muslim woman in hijab
- Pitru Paksha significance: Here is how the Shraadha rites are performed
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie