`Pirates of the Caribbean 5` to begin filming this year
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 16:51
  

London: Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has revealed new directors Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg will start shooting `Pirates of the Caribbean 5` before the end of the year.

Bruckheimer said the Disney franchise is due to set sail once more in a few months` time following the appointment of Norwegian directors Roenning and Sandberg.

"We hired two young directors who did a movie called `Kon-Tiki`. They just came to Hollywood last week, they`re just starting up. We plan to start filming end of this year or the beginning of next year," said Bruckheimer.

The producer, who received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last month, also hinted the film would explore brand new and exciting horizons.

"We don`t know what they want. If I did I`d be a genius and every movie would be a hit, but it doesn`t work that way. We try to go by our gut and figure out what`s exciting; where haven`t we travelled in the past?," he added.

Screenwriter Jeff Nathanson, the man behind `Catch Me If You Can`, has penned the feature about the misadventures of eccentric Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.

It is thought that Penelope Cruz, who starred as Angelica Teach in 2011`s `Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides`, could return for the fifth film after Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom departed following the third instalment in 2007.

PTI


First Published: Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 16:51



comments powered by Disqus