Playing dandiya is in my blood: Sharman Joshi
Mumbai: Actor Sharman Joshi, a Gujarati, says he is looking forward to picking up the dandiya sticks and dancing a bit this Navratri season, which began Saturday.
"I love dandiya. Being a Gujarati, dandiya is in my blood. During my college days, I was a champion in dandiya and used to win the first prize in it," Sharman told reporters during the promotion of his forthcoming film "War Chhod Na Yaar" here Friday.
The actor also shared some special memories associated with the festival.
"During this time, you are allowed to go out even at night and play dandiya, besides you have girls in your groups too. This makes it the best time," he said.
Directed by Faraz Haider, war comedy "War Chhod Na Yaar" also stars Jaaved Jaffrey, Soha Ali Khan and Sanjay Mishra. It will release Oct 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows