Playing dandiya is in my blood: Sharman Joshi
Mumbai: Actor Sharman Joshi, a Gujarati, says he is looking forward to picking up the dandiya sticks and dancing a bit this Navratri season, which began Saturday.
"I love dandiya. Being a Gujarati, dandiya is in my blood. During my college days, I was a champion in dandiya and used to win the first prize in it," Sharman told reporters during the promotion of his forthcoming film "War Chhod Na Yaar" here Friday.
The actor also shared some special memories associated with the festival.
"During this time, you are allowed to go out even at night and play dandiya, besides you have girls in your groups too. This makes it the best time," he said.
Directed by Faraz Haider, war comedy "War Chhod Na Yaar" also stars Jaaved Jaffrey, Soha Ali Khan and Sanjay Mishra. It will release Oct 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine's Day special: Top WhatsApp messages to confess your love!
- Valentine week: Happy Propose Day—Tips on how to say it!
- Easy trick to chop onions – Watch video
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- Valentine's Day 2016: Celebrate the day of love the Bollywood way!