Police rush to Playboy mansion after bogus call
Los Angeles: Police rushed to the Playboy mansion recently in response to a bogus 911 call reporting an assault inside the home.
After an initial investigation showed no signs of an assault, an LAPD spokesman told the media, "It could be one of those swatting calls."
When cops arrived at the scene, the LAPD said there was no evidence a crime had been committed on the property.
But law enforcement sources said the cops do not believe it was a "swatting" prank, since they have been able to identify the caller and there is a possibility that the person was convinced an assault had actually occurred.
Law enforcement is still investigating the situation.
Hollywood`s been besieged with "swatting" pranks in recent months... Reporting fake crimes at celebrities` homes in the hopes SWAT teams will be called in on false pretences.
Recent victims include Ashton Kutcher, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Simon Cowell, Tom Cruise, the Kardashians, and Chris Brown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success