Pop star Shakira notches 50 mn Facebook fans
Washington: Colombian pop star Shakira set a new record on social networks this week as the number of her fans on Facebook zoomed to 50 million.
The artist posted a photo Friday on her Facebook profile in which she is seen wearing a party hat, holding a balloon in one hand and a poster in the other that reads "50 million!!!"
"Wow 50 million on Facebook. That`s incredible. Many thanks for your love. A big kiss," she wrote.
Shakira is one of the most active Latino stars on social networks with 16,000 followers on Twitter and has won nominations and prizes in this category, including Billboard`s award for Latin Social Artist of the year last month in Miami.
The singer is considered one of the celebrities most followed on social networks, on a par with such stars as Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey.
Shakira recently premiered the music video for ‘Addicted to You’, a new single from her 2010 album ‘Sale el Sol’ (Sunrise) that was shot in the Hollywood Hills by director Anthony Mandler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai