Pope set to wash sins via Twitter
Washington: On this World Youth Day event which will take place in Rio De Janerio, Catholics need not necessarily be present in flesh and blood to seek forgiveness, as Pope Francis would be offering an easier means of absolution via Twitter.
According to Washington Times, for the first time the Pope will be extending his forgiveness to those who even watch the event unfold via television, radio or through the ‘new means of social communication’ which is internet.
Although, those who travel to the city for the five-day event will be granted plenary indulgences, Cardinal Manuel Monteiro de Castro said that those desiring to partake of the blessing can also join in the pope’s prayer for young Catholics at World Youth Day.
The Catholic News Agency said that those wishing plenary indulgences must participate in the service ‘under the usual spiritual, sacramental and prayer conditions, in a spirit of filial submission to the Roman pontiff,’ and ‘ following the same rites and spiritual exercises as they occur via television or radio or, with due devotion, via the new means of social communication.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India