Power of Twitter; Woman names baby girl `Hashtag`
London: Observe the power of social networking media. One mother, impressed by Twitter, has christened her baby girl `Hashtag`. However, instead of taking to Twitter, which features the preface, the mother posted the announcement on Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
While some said the girl will grow up to be the "living embodiment of the degradation of the English language", others simply despaired for the mother, whose last name is Jameson. The caption that accompanied the child`s photo read, "Hashtag Jameson was born at 10 o`clock last nite. She weys 8pounds and i luv her so much!(sic)"
In 2011, an Israeli couple named their girl after the Facebook `Like` button. Gamal Ibrahim of Egypt went even further, and named his baby girl "Facebook" in honour of the website`s role in the Arab Spring that led to the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak after 30 years in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I play better cricket post 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dwayne Johnson welcomes Nick Jonas to 'Jumanji' family!
- Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipes!
- Replace Fawad Khan in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', demands MNS
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights: Krushna Abhishek