Preity had used harsh words against Wadia: witness tells cops
Mumbai: A witness listed by industrialist Ness Wadia has told the police that it was Preity Zinta, who used harsh words against her ex-boyfriend during an IPL match here on May 30.
The witness, Savan Daru, a businessman, has recorded his statement on Friday before the Marine Drive police, which is probing the case, a police officer said today.
"Daru claimed in his statement that Ness had leaned towards Zinta and spoke something to her. He could not hear the conversation between the two due to loud noise around," the officer added.
"However, soon after Ness walked away from there, Preity started shouting at him very loudly and used harsh words," the officer said, quoting Daru.
Daru claimed Ness had come late to the stadium and was trying to find a seat for his mother, police said.
In her police complaint registered in June, Zinta had accused her former boyfriend of molesting, abusing and threatening her during an IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on May 30 at Wankhede Stadium in South Mumbai.
However, Wadia has dismissed the actor`s charges.
Despite their break-up, Wadia and Zinta continue to co-own Kings XI Punjab.
Among those whose statements had been recorded are IPL Chief Operating Officer Sundar Raman, BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel and COO of Kings XI Punjab Fraser Castellino.
Witnesses Danish Merchant, Jai Kanojia and Parul Khanna have told the police that Wadia had "pulled" Zinta by hand during a "heated" argument, while Castellino said he did not see any fight or argument between the two.
Ness had given a list of witnesses and requested the police to record their statements.
Farah Oomerbhoy, listed by Ness Wadia, had said in her statement that there was no heated argument between the two and she did not see him (Wadia) pulling Zinta by her arm on the day of the alleged incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion