President releases stamps on 50 film personalities
New Delhi: At 60th National Film Awards ceremony here Friday, President Pranab Mukherjee Friday released postal stamps commemorating 50 iconic film personalities who brought changes in the Indian cinema.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology Kapil Sibal said that as the country celebrates the 100 years of Indian cinema, it is vital to honour the past.
"Commemorating 50 iconic personalities of Indian cinema simultaneously, I am happy to say that these 50 stamps are the first ever issued by the department of post. It`s an honour to be part of the centenary celebration of Indian stamps,” said Sibal.
“Indian cinema has an identity, which is unique and unmatched. Film personalities from Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Bimal Roy have attracted the world cinema with the powerful portray of films,” added Sibal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals how to avoid negativity and her thoughts truly deserve an applause
- Aamir Khan one of the most inspiring person: Shraddha Kapoor
- Oscars 2017: Academy offers apology on best picture announcement gaffe
- Bob Harper suffers a heart attack, now recovering