President releases stamps on 50 film personalities
New Delhi: At 60th National Film Awards ceremony here Friday, President Pranab Mukherjee Friday released postal stamps commemorating 50 iconic film personalities who brought changes in the Indian cinema.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology Kapil Sibal said that as the country celebrates the 100 years of Indian cinema, it is vital to honour the past.
"Commemorating 50 iconic personalities of Indian cinema simultaneously, I am happy to say that these 50 stamps are the first ever issued by the department of post. It`s an honour to be part of the centenary celebration of Indian stamps,” said Sibal.
“Indian cinema has an identity, which is unique and unmatched. Film personalities from Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Bimal Roy have attracted the world cinema with the powerful portray of films,” added Sibal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion