President releases stamps on 50 film personalities
New Delhi: At 60th National Film Awards ceremony here Friday, President Pranab Mukherjee Friday released postal stamps commemorating 50 iconic film personalities who brought changes in the Indian cinema.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology Kapil Sibal said that as the country celebrates the 100 years of Indian cinema, it is vital to honour the past.
"Commemorating 50 iconic personalities of Indian cinema simultaneously, I am happy to say that these 50 stamps are the first ever issued by the department of post. It`s an honour to be part of the centenary celebration of Indian stamps,” said Sibal.
“Indian cinema has an identity, which is unique and unmatched. Film personalities from Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Bimal Roy have attracted the world cinema with the powerful portray of films,” added Sibal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated