President releases stamps on 50 film personalities
New Delhi: At 60th National Film Awards ceremony here Friday, President Pranab Mukherjee Friday released postal stamps commemorating 50 iconic film personalities who brought changes in the Indian cinema.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology Kapil Sibal said that as the country celebrates the 100 years of Indian cinema, it is vital to honour the past.
"Commemorating 50 iconic personalities of Indian cinema simultaneously, I am happy to say that these 50 stamps are the first ever issued by the department of post. It`s an honour to be part of the centenary celebration of Indian stamps,” said Sibal.
“Indian cinema has an identity, which is unique and unmatched. Film personalities from Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Bimal Roy have attracted the world cinema with the powerful portray of films,” added Sibal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's new show to 'celebrate' goodness in life
- Hema Malini, Khayyam pay tribute to Ravindra Jain
- Depression not limited to glamour and filmdom alone: Deepika
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!