Prime accused in Khap critic’s murder case arrested
New Delhi: In a breakthrough in the Abdul Hakim murder case, prime accused Gullu Mallik has been arrested by the UP police in Aligarh.
Gullu, had gone missing since Abdul Hakim was shot dead in his village in Bulandshahar, UP on November 22. Abdul had earlier appeared on Aamir Khan’s show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ and had spoken about evils of Khap panchayat.
Incidentally, while condemning Abdul's murder Aamir stated that his portion was never aired on the show. "When I heard about Abdul's death, I was pained, I was disturbed. But I would like to clarify that we never aired Abdul's story. But yes, while researching for the show, I, my team had spoken to him."
Abdul was shot dead in broad daylight by five men when he was on his way to the clinic to get medicines for his pregnant wife, Mehawish. The couple has a 16 month old daughter.
Two people have already been arrested related to the case, including Mehawish’s uncle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!