Prince Charles overjoyed at arrival of first grandchild
London: Prince Charles said that he is overjoyed by the birth of his first grandchild, the Prince of Cambridge.
The Prince of Wales` daughter-in-law Duchess Catherine gave birth to a boy, her first child with Prince William, Monday evening.
The doting grandfather and his wife Duchess Camilla are ecstatic to welcome the new member of the royal family, reports people.com.
"Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild. It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy," he said in a statement.
"Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone`s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future," he added.
The new royal heir will be third in line to the throne after his grandfather and father.
Prince William, 31, was by Kate`s side for the birth and informed his father, grandmother Queen Elizabeth and brother Prince Harry of the news before it was made public via a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan