Prince William`s marriage invitations `cause domestic strife`
London: Invitations for Prince William and Kate Middleton`s marriage have reportedly caused domestic strife in some of Britain`s households as hundreds of guests have been barred from bringing their spouses to the event.
"It is a nightmare. His wife was absolutely thrilled when the invitation fell on to the doormat, but she couldn`t believe it when it made no mention of her," a friend of one of the guests was quoted by `The Sunday Telegraph` as saying.
The guest is a lord lieutenant, one of the British Queen`s personal representatives around the country.
"What makes it worse is that he`s not really bothered about going to London and would be happy to watch it on TV. It is his wife who`s desperate to be there. She had already bought her hat. He`s checked and the invitations are
non-transferable," the guest`s friend said.
In fact, most of the lord lieutenants, many of whom have close links to the Royal family, have been barred from bringing their spouses to the 28-year-old Prince William and 29-year-old Kate`s marriage on April 29, the newspaper said.
However, St James` Palace has declined to comment on