Princess Diana museum to close
Los Angeles: Charles Earl Spencer, brother of late princess Diana, says he will close the museum he had set up in the honour of his sister.
Spencer will close the exhibition at their family home at Althorp next year and plans to hand over its contents to his nephews, Prince William and Prince Harry, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Diana was killed in 1997 in a Paris car crash and Spencer opened the museum in 1998.
"It will close worldwide in August 2014. It has been admired by thousands of people around the world, and has been a wonderfully tasteful celebration of the late Diana, Princess of Wales` life and achievements - particularly her charitable works and her glamour,” said a spokesperson.
The collection includes 28 of Diana`s dresses, two tiaras and other priceless family jewels as well as pictures and letters and home movies.
The Earl says he is honouring his sister`s wishes in handing over the items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Atif Aslam halts concert midway, rescues female from being harassed! - Watch
- Sunny Pawar meets President Barack Obama
- Shahid Kapoor's video on wife Mira Rajput's phone conversation is bang on!
- Sushant Singh Rajput FLIES high for ‘Chandamama Door Ke’ – WATCH, it’s mind-blowing
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support