Princess Diana’s ancestor haunts Middleton family’s £4.7mn home
London: The ghost of Princess Diana’s ancestor Lady Frances Winchcombe is reportedly haunting the Duchess of Cambridge’s parents.
According to the Sunday People, at midnight, the spectre of Lady Winchombe is said to ride with four headless coachmen past Michael and Carole Middletons’ new home, a 4.7 million-pound manor, in Bucklebury, Berks, the Mirror reported.
The restless banshee, who died of a broken heart after her husband cheated on her, ended her life in the area.
Councillor Wynne Frankum asserted that the story of Lady Winchcombe is well known.
Frankum also said that the ghost is a chariot drawn by six black horses driven by headless postillions and a lady clad in white.
Middleton’s residents reported strange noises coming from Lady Winchcombe’s coach, and said that it rattled along the lane there.
On the other hand, historian Martin J Wayland has collected several sightings and reports for his book Kate Middleton Country.
He said that Lady Winchcombe is a descendent of the Spencer and Churchill families and the British Royal Family and that she is related to the Stuarts as well as a distant relation to Lady Diana Spencer.
He added that he could trace her haunting and first recorded sighting back to 1898.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated