Pritish Nandy plans to take up more causes for compassion
New Delhi: After propagating vegetarianism at the first ever World Compassion Day, filmmaker Pritish Nandy plans to take up the cause of children and old-age people in the coming years.
"World Compassion Day was an idea we have had for a while. The objective was to rediscover the relevance of ahimsa. We want to revive the idea of compassion not just as do-good gestures but also as an initiative to create an alternate lifestyle," Nandy told reporters.
The November 28 event in Mumbai by Pritish Nandy and the Humane Society International (the global partner of The Humane Society of the United States) saw the honorary presence of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama alongwith Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor.
"We want to take up different causes like compassion for old people, children and others," he added.
The writer-producer, who recently received the International Humanitarian Award at this year`s Genesis Awards also said that he is not asking people to completely abstain from consuming meat but rather eating in moderation.
"Our cause is respect for life and vegetarianism. Love for animals does not mean that you have to completely abstain from consuming meat but at least we should try and reduce the consumption to two days a week. We are also encouraging people to adopt stray dogs," Nandy said.
When asked if he would involve more Bollywood personalities in this cause, he said, "Yes absolutely. Why not? Bollywood stars are influential speakers and we will try and involve them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: This ad will make you hug your mom, thank her for all what she has done for you
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is
- Are Indians shifting their focus from gyming to dancing – Click here to read more
- Interesting! Here’s how India women feel about representation of woman in movies