Priyanka Chopra, Ranbir Kapoor to co-host 59th Filmfare awards
Mumbai: Actors Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra will co-host the 59th Filmfare awards, and the `desi` girl says she is nervous.
"Filmfare awards is an experience in itself. This is the first time that I will be co-hosting the awards, I am very nervous," the 31-year-old said here Monday at a press conference for the forthcoming event.
As part of their anchoring, the two actors will present the future of Indian cinema in a fun way at the awards ceremony.
"I have not done it much, but Ranbir and I have been working very hard to make sure it will be lot of fun to show you the future of what we think cinema should be, which will obviously be a little mad and lots of fun. So, it`s going to be a really exciting time," Priyanka said.
This is Priyanka`s first stint at hosting the prestigious awards and she is feeling the pressure considering the standard set by other actors in previous editions.
"Very few girls have hosted the awards. But yes, there is a huge pressure because Filmfare as an event has always been entertaining, funny and there has been a standard set by a lot of people, including Ranbir himself," Priyanka said.
"Whether it is Shah Rukh (Khan), Saif (Ali Khan), Ranbir, Imran (Khan)... so many people who have hosted the show, they have always set the standard. So, it is scary and exciting," she added.
The 59th edition of the Filmfare awards will be held Jan 24 at Yash Raj Films studio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New short film for Valentine's Day
- With 'Neerja' Sonam Kapoor might find herself: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Shah Rukh Khan's car attacked in Ahmedabad while shooting for 'Raees'
- You will love this! Robust Salman Khan freezes frame with Anushka Sharma for 'Sultan'-- See pic
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!