Proud of India being declared polio-free: Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan feels proud that India has been declared a polio free nation.
Global superstar and UNICEF`s Goodwill Ambassador for Polio eradication for almost a decade, Amitabh is delighted with the news that India has officially been declared polio free by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
"As the brand ambassador for the United Nations in the fight for polio eradication, I`m very happy and proud that India has been declared a polio-free country. I wish to applaud the efforts of the various volunteers and medical workers who have persevered tirelessly and charitably to enable India to be eradicated of the disease," Bachchan said.
Meanwhile, Bachchan has been voted among the `world`s most admired people` by a top British daily.
A top media house in Britain recently conducted a poll among its huge base of readers, who voted Amitabh as one of `The top 10 admired People of the World`.
The survey of `world`s most admired people` was conducted by YouGov, on nearly 14,000 people in the US, Great Britain, France, Germany, Russia, India, China, Australia, Pakistan, Brazil, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'