Proud of India being declared polio-free: Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan feels proud that India has been declared a polio free nation.
Global superstar and UNICEF`s Goodwill Ambassador for Polio eradication for almost a decade, Amitabh is delighted with the news that India has officially been declared polio free by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
"As the brand ambassador for the United Nations in the fight for polio eradication, I`m very happy and proud that India has been declared a polio-free country. I wish to applaud the efforts of the various volunteers and medical workers who have persevered tirelessly and charitably to enable India to be eradicated of the disease," Bachchan said.
Meanwhile, Bachchan has been voted among the `world`s most admired people` by a top British daily.
A top media house in Britain recently conducted a poll among its huge base of readers, who voted Amitabh as one of `The top 10 admired People of the World`.
The survey of `world`s most admired people` was conducted by YouGov, on nearly 14,000 people in the US, Great Britain, France, Germany, Russia, India, China, Australia, Pakistan, Brazil, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kailash Kher unwell, hospitalised
- I'm very conscious about my odour: Irrfan Khan
- 'Poltergeist' movie review- not petrifying enough
- Not easy to make smaller films after working with stars: Venkat Prabhu
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- Rana Daggubati behind Karan Johar, Rajamouli collaboration
- Akshara Haasan approached for Sandakozhi 2'
- Arijit Singh to sing for 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Trial of sea-plane in Goa today
- Suriya's friendly gesture for actor Rahman
- 'Fukrey 2' put on hold, says director
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- 'Hamilton' wins 2015 OBIE Award
- Music, performing arts festival near Pune from May 29
- Islamic calligraphy exhibition at National Museum
- 'Summer Art Carnival' to begin at National Gallery of Modern Art
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp