Putting Whitney in rehab was not enough: Cissy Houston
London: Singer Whitney Houston`s mother Cissy struggle to cure her famous daughter of drug addiction by putting her in rehab but she now believes it was not enough.
Houston found dead in a hotel bathtub on February 11, last year. She was 48. Heart attack and cocaine are said to have contributed to her drowning.
Cissy, 70, recalled that her decision to send Whitney to rehab had startled and angered her famous daughter.
"I put her in rehab. She was resisting though. She never thought mommy would do anything to embarrass her or to make her feel bad, but I had to. There was no other way. I just wanted her to get better," she said.
Cissy insists that Whitney could have shown more dedication to bring an end to the addiction.
"Some things you have to do for yourself. Whitney had to learn that she needed to help herself." she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles