Putting Whitney in rehab was not enough: Cissy Houston
London: Singer Whitney Houston`s mother Cissy struggle to cure her famous daughter of drug addiction by putting her in rehab but she now believes it was not enough.
Houston found dead in a hotel bathtub on February 11, last year. She was 48. Heart attack and cocaine are said to have contributed to her drowning.
Cissy, 70, recalled that her decision to send Whitney to rehab had startled and angered her famous daughter.
"I put her in rehab. She was resisting though. She never thought mommy would do anything to embarrass her or to make her feel bad, but I had to. There was no other way. I just wanted her to get better," she said.
Cissy insists that Whitney could have shown more dedication to bring an end to the addiction.
"Some things you have to do for yourself. Whitney had to learn that she needed to help herself." she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui lauds Oscars, slams Bollywood awards for ignoring Om Puri
- Oscars 2017: Here are 14 craziest moments from Academy Awards
- Oscars after-party: Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone will make your heart skip a beat - See pics
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati