Queen Elizabeth II felicitated with honorary BAFTA
Delhi: The BAFTA awards this year were special in their own way – Queen Elizabeth II was awarded one for her longstanding support of British films. The Queen received the Lifetime Achievement Award, which came as recognition of her support of British film and TV, from Kenneth Branagh.
Several stalwarts from the British film industry were present at the event that took place at the Windsor Castle Thursday. Names like George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, Eric Fellner, David Hare, Tessa Ross, Rebecca O`Brien, Tom Hooper, Leslie Phillips, Idris Elba, Edgar Wright, Minnie Driver and many more were a part of the crowd that cheered Her Majesty on as she received the Lifetime BAFTA.
Following her felicitation, the Queen interacted with the British film fraternity, asking them their likes and dislikes in films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President