Queen Elizabeth`s cameo role with 007 in Olympics voted `No 1 moment`
London: Queen Elizabeth`s cameo role alongside 007 star Daniel Craig in the London 2012 opening ceremony has been voted as Britain`s favourite moment from the monarch`s 61-year reign.
Her majesty`s performance, in which she appeared to parachute out of a helicopter over London, topped the Twitter survey ahead of her 87th birthday on Sunday, the Daily Express reported.
The particular moment surpassed The Diamond Jubilee Thames flotilla celebrations, which came in at the second place, and the all-star Diamond Jubilee concert outside Buckingham Palace.
In fourth place was her role at the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge two years ago.
The 86-year-old`s Silver Jubilee ceremony in 1977 was voted seventh favourite moment, followed by her marriage to Prince Philip.
The Queen presenting the World Cup to England captain Bobby Moore at Wembley in 1966 was tenth.
Twitter users responding to the hashtag #HappyBirthdayMaam also picked out more general features of the monarch`s style in their Top Ten, including the royal wave, walking the royal corgis, and the Queen`s stylish wardrobe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!