Queen Latifah to be honored with 2014 Matrix Award
New York: Rapper-turned-actress Queen Latifah will be honoured by the New York Women in Communications with its 2014 Matrix Award, which honours females who change the world.
Latifah, 43, will be honoured on April 28 at the Waldorf Astori along with eight others.
"Queen Latifah was chosen not only for what she has done, but also for what she has given back, as her work and career are an inspiration to all women who are trying to change the world for the better," said the organization.
Past Matrix winners include Meryl Streep, Tina Fey, Robin Roberts, Ellen DeGeneres, Martha Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg and Meredith Vieira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!