Queen wanted a souvenir picture with Daniel Craig: Danny Boyle
London: Oscar-winning filmmaker Danny Boyle said that the Queen insisted on having her picture taken with ‘James Bond’ star Daniel Craig during their Olympics skit.
The 56-year-old director, who organised the London 2012 opening ceremony, said Queen agreed to take part in the ceremony because she wanted to give her staff a day out with a movie star, reported Sun Online.
"She knew the jubilee, obviously in the same year, was gonna be very formal. And you have an instinct when you perform in public. You just have instincts. And I`m sure that was part of the instinct, `Let`s change it, make it different.
"I think she also must have known, because I was involved, that they were going to make it like a People`s Games... So there was a chance to take a risk with it. She wanted her staff to have a day out with a movie star. And so we did. Daniel Craig came and he`s a movie star! He`s James Bond! Everybody can get their picture taken," Boyle said.
Asked if the Queen also cosied up with him for a snap, Boyle said, "Absolutely! Yeah. But she was very, very keen and insistent that her staff did as well. I liked that about her very much.
"You thought, `Yeah, that`s decent, looking after them like that`. And we had a lovely afternoon filming with the two of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Geeta Basra, hubby Harbhajan Singh out on 'travel day' with daughter
- Dilip Kumar turns 94: It will be quiet birthday this time, says wife Saira Banu
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'