Queen `wanted souvenir picture with Daniel Craig during Olympic skit`
London: Danny Boyle has revealed that the Queen insisted on having her picture taken with Daniel Craig during their Olympics skit.
The man who organised the London 2012 opening ceremony said she agreed to take part because it was so informal, and because she wanted to give her staff a day out with a movie star, the Sun reported.
Their legendary sequence, in which the Queen met the James Bond actor at Buckingham Palace before "jumping" out of a helicopter over the Olympic Stadium with him, was one of the highlights of last summer`s ceremony.
"She wanted her staff to have a day out with a movie star. And so we did. Daniel Craig came and he`s a movie star! He`s James Bond! Everybody can get their picture taken," he said.
When asked if the Queen also cosied up with him for a snap, the filmmaker told Radio Times: "Absolutely! Yeah. But she was very, very keen and insistent that her staff did as well. I liked that about her very much."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row