Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone Dies at 62
New York: Tommy Ramone, the last surviving original member of the influential punk band Ramones, has died at the age of 62.
The Hungarian American record producer, whose real name was Erdelyi Tamas, was suffering from the cancer of bile duct.
Tommy founded Ramone in New York in 1974 with three other musicians -- Joey Ramone, guitarist Johnny Ramone, and bassist Dee Dee Ramone -- had a major influence on punk rock scene. They adopted the name Ramone though they were not related.
"We are saddened to announce the passing of Ramones founding drummer Tommy (Erdelyi) Ramone. RIP Tommy Ramone," band`s official Twitter account posted on Twitter.
The Ramones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002. The band`s popular hits include `Bonzo Goes To Bitburg`, `Somebody Put Something in My Drink`, `Smash You`, `Humankind` and `I`m Not Jesus`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- Why the Indian film fraternity obsessed with the Oscars, asks Manoj Kumar
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival