Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone Dies at 62
New York: Tommy Ramone, the last surviving original member of the influential punk band Ramones, has died at the age of 62.
The Hungarian American record producer, whose real name was Erdelyi Tamas, was suffering from the cancer of bile duct.
Tommy founded Ramone in New York in 1974 with three other musicians -- Joey Ramone, guitarist Johnny Ramone, and bassist Dee Dee Ramone -- had a major influence on punk rock scene. They adopted the name Ramone though they were not related.
"We are saddened to announce the passing of Ramones founding drummer Tommy (Erdelyi) Ramone. RIP Tommy Ramone," band`s official Twitter account posted on Twitter.
The Ramones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002. The band`s popular hits include `Bonzo Goes To Bitburg`, `Somebody Put Something in My Drink`, `Smash You`, `Humankind` and `I`m Not Jesus`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Crack’ shelved? Here’s the truth
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Bigg Boss 10: Are you ready for Monalisa - Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s mehendi, marriage ceremony?
- Baba Ramdev to appear on ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport