Ramones drummer Tommy Ramone Dies at 62
New York: Tommy Ramone, the last surviving original member of the influential punk band Ramones, has died at the age of 62.
The Hungarian American record producer, whose real name was Erdelyi Tamas, was suffering from the cancer of bile duct.
Tommy founded Ramone in New York in 1974 with three other musicians -- Joey Ramone, guitarist Johnny Ramone, and bassist Dee Dee Ramone -- had a major influence on punk rock scene. They adopted the name Ramone though they were not related.
"We are saddened to announce the passing of Ramones founding drummer Tommy (Erdelyi) Ramone. RIP Tommy Ramone," band`s official Twitter account posted on Twitter.
The Ramones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002. The band`s popular hits include `Bonzo Goes To Bitburg`, `Somebody Put Something in My Drink`, `Smash You`, `Humankind` and `I`m Not Jesus`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- 'Law & Order' actor Steven Hill dies at 94
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Krishna Pushkaram concludes with 'Pavitra Harathi'
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- World's largest pearl to be displayed in Philippines
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT