Ramsay`s favourite combo: Rockford Reserve with Delhi`s kebabs
New Delhi: Scotland’s John Ramsay, a name to reckon with in the world of whisky, says that fine whisky will continue to be popular among Indians. He feels that Rockford Reserve can be best enjoyed with a variety of `kebabs` available in the Indian capital.
Ramsay, who created Rockford Reserve in 2012 for the Indian palate, is hopeful about the alcohol’s popularity in the country.
“The love affair between the Indian consumer and fine whisky shows no signs of slowing down. As Indians continue to enjoy the finer things in life, I’m confident we can look forward to many years of strong growth, particularly in the premium and super premium segments,” Ramsay, who recently visited the capital, told IANS.
Considered to be one of the best master blenders, he thinks that people should enjoy whisky in whichever way they like.
“I enjoy it neat, but sometimes also with ice and water, especially in the hot climate. There are some great whisky cocktails and I think they appeal to people of all ages.
"If you know a great cocktail bar, I’d ask for a Manhattan - probably the world’s most famous whisky cocktail with a sweet, rich taste,” he said.
When asked what should be kept in mind while buying the right whisky, he said: “There’s no wrong whisky.”
But when it comes to food accompaniments, he has a few favourites.
“Rockford Reserve is an excellent partner for Indian food. The spiciness of fine Indian food is complemented by the smooth, well rounded flavours of the whisky. One of my favourite taste combinations is Rockford Reserve accompanied by one of Delhi’s many excellent kebabs,” said Ramsay.
If Rockford Reserve is a super premium whisky, which is a blend of Scotch Malt Whisky, Indian Malt Whisky and charcoal filtered Indian Grain spirit, Indian consumers can look forward to another offering by Ramsay soon.
“I have a very exciting project in India with Rockford coming soon,” he said without sharing further details.
It is expected to hit the Indian market between the third week of May and first week of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives thumbs up to brother Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'!
- Singer Pete Burns dies of heart attack at 57
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Kahaani 2 trailer alert: Vidya Balan as Durga Rani Singh will leave you enchanted
- Kajol on board Salman Khan’s Dabangg 3?
- A little lie may make you a big liar
- Goa gears up for 'Tripurari Purnima' festivities—Know why it is celebrated!
- Diwali 2016: Spiritual healing tips to bring in prosperity, protection and abundance
- Diwali 2016: Cash, coupons most sought after gifts, says ASSOCHAM study
- Unique ideas that will help you immortalise your wedding