Ranveer, Sonakshi express solidarity with Uttarakhand flood victims
Kolkata: Exhorting people to help the Uttarakhand flood victims, Bollywood actors Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha Saturday expressed their support and solidarity for the disaster-stricken state.
Sonakshi`s father, veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha, has donated Rs.50 lakh for the rehabilitation of the flood victims.
"What we did, we did as a family. We are not separate entities. My father has extended help and we are with him. We are really sympathetic," said Sonakshi while promoting her forthcoming film ‘Lootera’ here.
"Please come forward to help. As long as we are all together nothing can stop us as a country," she said.
Her ‘Lootera’ co-star Ranveer Singh feels pro-active action can help mitigate problems arising out of natural disasters.
"I think it is a massive tragedy very sad not in anybody`s hand...I am hopeful the authorities will do something about it. It is important to prepare ourselves and brace ourselves..this might happen again," said Ranveer.
‘Lootera’ is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!