Rare John Lennon jacket up for auction
London: A jacket worn by The Beatles star John Lennon is set to go under the hammer in England later this month.
The blue, three-quarter length coat, which dates from the late 1960s, is in the same style as the outfits worn by the band for the cover of their 1967 album Sgt Pepper`s Lonely Hearts Club Band, reported Daily Mirror.
Lennon, who died in 1980, left the item behind at his Berkshire, England mansion when he moved to the US in 1971 and instructed his then-personal assistant Jo Jo Johns to give away his possessions.
Johns presented the coat to her friend Anthony Goddard as a birthday present and he has now decided to part ways with the garment, which is expected to fetch between USD 12,000 and USD 18,000 at the Hansons Auctioneers and Valuers event in Derbyshire, England.
Hansons manager Charles Hanson says, "There is no doubt in my mind that this jacket was well worn by John in the late 1960s. One wonders whether Dna may still be evident on the garment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telegu-Hindi actress involved in high profile prostitution racket bust in Goa
- Pakistani model Ayyan Ali's bail plea rejected
- Bobby Flay becomes first chef to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- The more you shop, the more you are tempted to make unplanned purchases
- Twitter bot stands for Caitlyn Jenner by correcting users who misgender her