Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
Here’s taking a look at why parents must be open to the idea of sex education to children in order to cultivate proper knowledge about it.
Mumbai: In India, discussing sex in public is still a taboo. Parents often feel embarrassed when children ask ‘uncomfortable’ questions about sex. It is advisable for parents to undertake the responsibility of imparting sex education to children at home so that they aren’t misled or misinformed.
In an era when kids grow up with smart phone technologies having easy access to the internet besides television, parents must take precautionary steps to ensure children do not go to unsafe or unreliable sources to find answers to their curious questions about sex, puberty etc.
Here’s taking a look at why parents must be open to the idea of sex education to children in order to cultivate proper knowledge about it:
- Parents must tactfully answer sex related questions put forward by kids so that they do not end up going to unreliable, unsafe and misleading sources.
- To prevent kids from indulging in things that may eventually land them in trouble.
- To win a child’s confidence and assure him/her that you are there to solve the puzzle and that he/she need not go elsewhere to discuss the same.
- Children must know what’s good and what’s not. Hence substantial information about sex needs to be shared with them.
- Half or improper knowledge is dangerous. And hence, for children’s healthy upbringing, parents must discuss sex with them without any hesitation.