Los Angeles: From choosing a wrong career path to not having children are some of the major regrets in life for a woman, according to a recent survey.
Experts who carried out the detailed study, conducted by Diet Coke, also found that a large percentage of the surveyed women lament a failure to lose weight as a major regret in their lives.
Opting for a career path that turned out to be the wrong one was a common gripe as was not travelling the world before starting out in the world of work, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Diet Coke commissioned the report to coincide with the launch of its new ‘Regret Nothing’ campaign and it shows that while six out of ten women would happily “do things differently” if they had their time again, three out of four women believe their regrets have been character-building.
"The research findings suggest women are harbouring their regrets and not living life in the now. Through our new campaign, we want to inspire women to act on their impulses to create positive experiences, adventures and opportunities for success,” said a spokesperson of the brand.
Researchers, who carried out the study among 1,000 women between the ages of 25 to 39, found that family matters cause a significant amount of regret when looked back upon.
One in five of those who took part in the survey said it played on their mind they “could have been a better daughter”, while more than one in ten said they felt they could have put more effort into being “a better mother”.
More than one in ten women said they wished they had children, while around seven percent said they felt they had children “too early”.
Others expressed sadness they were unable to afford their “dream wedding”. Here are the list of top 20 regrets for women:
* Not trying hard enough at school
* Not losing weight on a diet
* Choosing the wrong career path
* Not getting on the property ladder
* Spending a night with someone I shouldn't
* Not being spontaneous enough
* Not being a good enough friend
* Not being a better daughter
* Not being impulsive enough about travelling before starting a family
* Not having children
* Not being a better mum
* Texting someone I shouldn't after a night out
* Not having my dream wedding
* Having an affair
* Getting married/ settling down
* Focussing too much on my career