Reese Witherspoon fined USD 213 for disorderly conduct
Los Angeles: Actress Reese Witherspoon, who pled no contest to charges of disorderly conduct, has been fined USD 213.
The 37-year-old actress was charged for disorderly conduct on April 19, after confronting a police officer, who had arrested her husband Jim Toth on suspicion of drunk driving in Atlanta, Georgia.
While Witherspoon pled no contest to her charges, Hollywood agent Toth offered a guilty plea, reported TMZ.
The `Legally Blonde` star, who was not in court, will face no other sentence apart from the fine while Toth will perform 40 hours of community service and attend alcohol education classes.
He will also be placed on probation for 12 months.
Just hours before the court ruling, Witherspoon, who has seven-month-old son Tennessee with Toth and children Ava, 13, and nine-year-old Deacon with ex-husband Ryan Phillippe, said she was fully aware she had drank too much alcohol that night.
She also said that she and Toth know better now after being disciplined.
Speaking on TV show `Good Morning America`, the actress said, "It`s one of those nights. We went out to dinner in Atlanta, had one too many glasses of wine. We thought we were fine to drive and we absolutely were not. And it`s just completely unacceptable. And we are so sorry and embarrassed. And we know better."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra