Richard Gere was upset by `Chicago` Oscar snub
London: Actor Richard Gere has revealed that he felt hurt when his ‘Chicago’ co-stars got Oscar nominations for their roles in the film and he was left behind.
The 63-year-old actor admits he never paid much attention to awards news, but when his friends Catherine Zeta-Jones, Queen Latifah, Renee Zellweger and John C. Reilly, landed nominations in the run-up to the 2003 Oscars, he felt more than a little left out by the snub, reports a website.
"The only time it really bothered me was in `Chicago`. Everyone else got nominated. I`m waiting for my name (to be read out in the nominations) and it goes right by me, like, `Wow, what happened?` I have to admit, that got to me," Gere said on a US talk show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say