Rihanna donates USD 25,000 to LAPD
Los Angeles: R&B star Rihanna has donated a USD 25,000 to the Los Angeles Police Foundation following a selfie session gone wrong at a recent basketball game.
LA Police Commission President Steve Soboroff announced Rihanna`s donation during a police commission meeting, reportedly.
Last week Rihanna, 26, was at the Los Angeles Clippers Game 3 playoff game against the Oklahoma City Thunder and she happened to have a seat next to Soboroff. He then asked the singer for a selfie while wearing an LAPD wristband to show support to the officers and she happily complied.
The `Stay` singer, however, accidentally dropped Soboroff`s iPhone, smashing the screen. Soboroff said that he met Rihanna again and asked if she could sign the phone because he wanted to auction it for charity and the singer obliged.
Proceeds from the auction will benefit LAPD`s cadet program and the Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation to support the families of fallen officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Is Pitra Dosha really a curse of our ancestors? Let's find out
- 'Love hormone' may quieten the ringing ears condition
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles