Rihanna`s photo with endangered animal leads to two arrests
Los Angeles: Two people who allegedly peddle protected species are arrested after Rihanna shared a selfie with an endangered animal which was taken during a vacation in Thailand.
Two local people have been arrested after authorities in Thailand noticed that Rihanna took a picture with a loris, a squirrel-like animal which is native of Southeast Asia and is a protected animal, during her trip to the island of Phuket.
Rihanna, who was having a vacation in the country, uploaded the photo to her Instagram account on September 20, reported Aceshowbiz.
The selfie shows her wearing sunglasses while a loris perched on her shoulder.
"Look who was talking dirty to me! #Thailand #nightlife," she wrote.
After the picture was uploaded, two men aged 20 and 16 were arrested by local authorities. The pair could be charged with possession of protected animals, which carries penalties of up to four years behind bars and a USD 1,300 fine.
Authorities confiscated two lorises from the individuals and the animals would be sent back to a national park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check