Rihanna`s photo with endangered animal leads to two arrests
Los Angeles: Two people who allegedly peddle protected species are arrested after Rihanna shared a selfie with an endangered animal which was taken during a vacation in Thailand.
Two local people have been arrested after authorities in Thailand noticed that Rihanna took a picture with a loris, a squirrel-like animal which is native of Southeast Asia and is a protected animal, during her trip to the island of Phuket.
Rihanna, who was having a vacation in the country, uploaded the photo to her Instagram account on September 20, reported Aceshowbiz.
The selfie shows her wearing sunglasses while a loris perched on her shoulder.
"Look who was talking dirty to me! #Thailand #nightlife," she wrote.
After the picture was uploaded, two men aged 20 and 16 were arrested by local authorities. The pair could be charged with possession of protected animals, which carries penalties of up to four years behind bars and a USD 1,300 fine.
Authorities confiscated two lorises from the individuals and the animals would be sent back to a national park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing