Robert Downey Jr. wants record $100mn for 'The Avengers' sequels
Washington: Robert Downey Jr. is reportedly demanding 100 million dollars to reprise his role as Iron Man/Tony Stark in the two sequels of 'The Avengers'.
The 48-year-old star could potentially be the first highest paid actor in Hollywood history if he is granted the deal, Contactmusic reported.
Downey's agents will reportedly be meeting up with Marvel bosses to negotiate a new deal in the coming weeks, with the actor's reps saying that he "may consider" a guaranteed deal, with an increase on the seven per cent of box office receipts he already receives.
The actor admitted to GQ magazine's May issue that the production company was already embarrassed after he admitted that he had received 50 million dollars for his role in the comic book blockbuster.
The President of the studios, Kevin Feige, apparently wants Downey to reprise his part as the superhero and his billionaire playboy alter ego Tony Stark.
Though Feige insisted that he would be willing to look into cheaper alternatives, while the star claimed that he could quit just nine months before filming starts for ' The Avengers 2'.
However, movie analyst Doug Creutz of Cowen and Company has warned against dropping Downey as that would cut box office takings by nine per cent or 1 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baywatch: Priyanka Chopra looks unapologetically stunning in red - See Poster
- Nach Baliye 8: Check out this season’s celebrity contestants
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari