Robert Wagner refuses to be interviewed over wife Natalie Wood’s mystery drowning

Last Updated: Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 14:41

London: Robert Wagner has declined to be interviewed by detectives as part of a fresh investigation into the death of his wife Natalie Wood three decades ago.

Wagner, who is best known for starring in the television shows ‘It Takes a Thief’ and ‘Switch’, was interviewed by authorities soon after Wood’s drowning in 1981.

But the actor is the only person who was on the yacht the night she died, who has not spoken to detectives as part of the latest inquiry, according to investigators - despite repeated requests, the Daily Mail reported.

Blair Berk, an attorney for Wagner and his family, said the actor had cooperated with authorities since his wife died.

Detectives began re-investigating the case in November 2011. Since then investigators have interviewed more than 100 people, but Wagner has refused and Sheriff’s Lt. John Corina has said the actor’s representatives have not given any reason for his silence.

The detective’s remarks provided new insight into the case that has remained one of Hollywood’s enduring mysteries.

Earlier this week, coroner’s officials released an updated autopsy report that had been under a security hold.

It detailed why Wood’s death had been reclassified from an accidental drowning to a drowning caused by “undetermined factors.”

After 30 years, Berk said, neither Wagner nor his daughters have any new information to add.

She said that the latest investigation was prompted by people seeking to exploit and sensationalize the 30th anniversary of the death.

The renewed inquiry came after the yacht’s captain Dennis Davern told ‘48 Hours’ and the ‘Today’ show that he heard Wagner and Wood arguing the night of her disappearance, and believed Wagner was to blame for her death.

ANI



First Published: Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 14:41

comments powered by Disqus