Roger Moore`s love for tan led to skin cancer
London: Former Bond star Sir Roger Moore says his habit of soaking up the sun to get a Hollywood tan has led to a series of skin cancer scares in the subsequent years.
The 85-year-old British actor sported a deep tan throughout his movie career to avoid applying make-up on movie sets, and regularly burned himself in the sun to keep up his look.
However, the veteran star admits he has paid the price for his vanity and has suffered a string of skin cancers, reported a website.
"I (wish I) would... Have given myself a warning about having too much sunshine. I`ve had so many skin cancers as a result. No one thought about sun screen or creams in my younger days. Even when they started to give warnings, I thought, `Well, that won`t happen to me`," said Moore.
"I would get sunburned so I did not have to wear make-up in front of the cameras. Every leading man was sunburned."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence
- Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik dating?