Roger Moore`s love for tan led to skin cancer
London: Former Bond star Sir Roger Moore says his habit of soaking up the sun to get a Hollywood tan has led to a series of skin cancer scares in the subsequent years.
The 85-year-old British actor sported a deep tan throughout his movie career to avoid applying make-up on movie sets, and regularly burned himself in the sun to keep up his look.
However, the veteran star admits he has paid the price for his vanity and has suffered a string of skin cancers, reported a website.
"I (wish I) would... Have given myself a warning about having too much sunshine. I`ve had so many skin cancers as a result. No one thought about sun screen or creams in my younger days. Even when they started to give warnings, I thought, `Well, that won`t happen to me`," said Moore.
"I would get sunburned so I did not have to wear make-up in front of the cameras. Every leading man was sunburned."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success