Rowling most influential woman in Britain
LONDON: Leading magazine editors on Monday named J. K. Rowling the most influential woman in Britain, judging the Harry Potter author more powerful than Queen Elizabeth II.
Rowling, who has won global fame with her series of popular children`s books about the boy wizard, topped the list compiled by editors from the National Magazine Company, which publishes 20 magazines in Britain.
They cited her writing skills, tenacity to succeed and philanthropic nature, said the company.
In second place was pop star turned fashion designer Victoria Beckham -- wife of footballer David Beckham -- with the queen pushed into the third spot.
Other women who made it into the top 10 were Prime Minister David Cameron`s wife, Samantha Cameron, and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood.
The list was compiled to mark the centenary of the National Magazine Company whose publications in Britain include Good Housekeeping, Country Living and Harper`s Bazaar.
US First Lady Michelle Obama last week topped this year`s Forbes magazine list of powerful women, replacing German leader Angela Merkel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan