Russell Brand appeals to fans to help sick teenager
London: British comedian Russell Brand took to Twitter to help a young girl, Aneesa Hussain, who is suffering from a particular kind of blood cancer.
Brand met Hussain, 17, at the Teenage Cancer Trust fundraising event here March 20.
The teenager is suffering from aplastic anaemia and is finding it difficult to find a bone marrow donor as only six percent of those on the registry match her Asian heritage, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Brand shared with his followers a link to the teenager`s campaign page, writing, "My friend... Aneesa needs a bone marrow match. Help us to find one... She is beautiful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: What happened when single men, women ate at a Korean restaurant?
- Is Perrie Edwards throwing slight dig at Zayn Malik with her `Cheetah` avatar?
- Disney star Dean Jones dies at 84
- Kapil Sharma believes managing wife is one herculean task
- Watch: Do high-class escorts fall under the 'sex worker' category?