Russell Brand appeals to fans to help sick teenager
London: British comedian Russell Brand took to Twitter to help a young girl, Aneesa Hussain, who is suffering from a particular kind of blood cancer.
Brand met Hussain, 17, at the Teenage Cancer Trust fundraising event here March 20.
The teenager is suffering from aplastic anaemia and is finding it difficult to find a bone marrow donor as only six percent of those on the registry match her Asian heritage, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Brand shared with his followers a link to the teenager`s campaign page, writing, "My friend... Aneesa needs a bone marrow match. Help us to find one... She is beautiful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!