Russell Brand being sued for 185,000 by pedestrian
Los Angeles: British comedian Russell Brand is being sued for $185,000 by pedestrian Victor Sneed.
He claims he needs more than the original $25,000 he asked for after being hit by a car last year, which he says Brand was driving.
Sneed alleges his mammoth medical bill needs to be paid for injuries to his left hand, left hip, neck and left wrist, reports contactmusic.com.
He claims he`s already spent $45,000 in medical expenses and will need yet another $140,000 for future surgeries.
However, Brand has strongly denied the claims and refuses to cough up the cash, believing Sneed own negligence was to blame for the accident.
A court document reads: "Under the provisions of the California Code of Civil Procedure, (Russell Brand) denies both generally and specially each, every and all of the allegations contained in the Complaint, and denies that plaintiff (Victor Sneed) sustained damages in the sum alleged, or in any other sum or at all.
"Plaintiff is barred from any recovery on the basis that the plaintiff`s own negligence was the sole and proximate cause of the accident and injuries he sustained."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!