Russell Brand, Kevin Kennedy team up against addiction
London: Comedian Russell Brand has teamed up with former `Coronation Street` actor Kevin Kennedy to open a dry pub to help people recovering from alcohol.
38-year-old Brand met Kennedy at a conference and discussed about the latter`s plan to open a pub in Brighton, South of Britain.
comedian has launched his Comic Relief-supported `Give It Up` fund for addict support schemes, reported Daily Mirror.
"Because of support groups, addicts like me stand a chance.
They?re a way for people to get clean and stay clean and they provide a sense of togetherness and purpose," Brand said.
Former `Corrie` star Kennedy is looking to raise 100,000 pounds to finance the new community hub.
"Russell and I are speaking from the same hymn sheet. We both believe that abstinence is the only way to treat addiction," he said.
"I`ve told him about my dry pub idea and he said it was great to have me here. I need a start-up fund and I`m speaking to Russell to see if he can help us out," he added.
"I want to create a place that`s classy and out there in the open for people to come and get support. It`s about visual recovery ? not hiding away. I want people to go there and feel safe," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?
- We all felt 'Golmaal 2' was a crap as compared to its other parts, says Ajay Devgn
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals two most beautiful journeys of his career
- Here's how Priyanka Chopra plans to celebrate Diwali in New York
- ‘Shivaay’ becomes Ajay Devgn’s biggest international release, to hit theatres in more than 60 countries