Russell Brand, Kevin Kennedy team up against addiction
London: Comedian Russell Brand has teamed up with former `Coronation Street` actor Kevin Kennedy to open a dry pub to help people recovering from alcohol.
38-year-old Brand met Kennedy at a conference and discussed about the latter`s plan to open a pub in Brighton, South of Britain.
comedian has launched his Comic Relief-supported `Give It Up` fund for addict support schemes, reported Daily Mirror.
"Because of support groups, addicts like me stand a chance.
They?re a way for people to get clean and stay clean and they provide a sense of togetherness and purpose," Brand said.
Former `Corrie` star Kennedy is looking to raise 100,000 pounds to finance the new community hub.
"Russell and I are speaking from the same hymn sheet. We both believe that abstinence is the only way to treat addiction," he said.
"I`ve told him about my dry pub idea and he said it was great to have me here. I need a start-up fund and I`m speaking to Russell to see if he can help us out," he added.
"I want to create a place that`s classy and out there in the open for people to come and get support. It`s about visual recovery ? not hiding away. I want people to go there and feel safe," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud