Russell Brand, Kevin Kennedy team up against addiction
London: Comedian Russell Brand has teamed up with former `Coronation Street` actor Kevin Kennedy to open a dry pub to help people recovering from alcohol.
38-year-old Brand met Kennedy at a conference and discussed about the latter`s plan to open a pub in Brighton, South of Britain.
comedian has launched his Comic Relief-supported `Give It Up` fund for addict support schemes, reported Daily Mirror.
"Because of support groups, addicts like me stand a chance.
They?re a way for people to get clean and stay clean and they provide a sense of togetherness and purpose," Brand said.
Former `Corrie` star Kennedy is looking to raise 100,000 pounds to finance the new community hub.
"Russell and I are speaking from the same hymn sheet. We both believe that abstinence is the only way to treat addiction," he said.
"I`ve told him about my dry pub idea and he said it was great to have me here. I need a start-up fund and I`m speaking to Russell to see if he can help us out," he added.
"I want to create a place that`s classy and out there in the open for people to come and get support. It`s about visual recovery ? not hiding away. I want people to go there and feel safe," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!