Sabbatical from marriage not bad idea, says Emma Thompson
Los Angeles: Actress Emma Thompson drew parallels between real life and the plot of her new comedy "The Love Punch" and said that she`s all for taking a year out of a marriage if it is "done properly".
The 54 year-old, currently promoting "The Love Punch", told The Telegraph that she is advocate of "taking a break from each other", reports contactmusic.com.
"I wonder whether this isn`t the way forward for a lot of married couples? You look at it and think that maybe every marriage should have a kind of a sabbatical, that couples should be forced to take a break from each other every so often, if just for a year or so," she said.
"It`s actually not a bad idea. You need to go off perhaps, although not to be with other people. I think that would make things very difficult: All that free love stuff has been tried and tested and doesn`t work and has been proven to make relationships very, very tricky.
"But I`m sure a sabbatical could work if it were done properly," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation truly commendable! Pics inside
- ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ heroine Dipika Kakar admits to being in love with her co-star – Details inside
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof