Sabyasachi Mukherjee to open India Couture Week
New Delhi: Bollywood designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee will open the upcoming India Couture Week here.
The six-day fashion week (July 15-20) will see nine of the country`s top designers, including Anamika Khanna, Anju Modi, Gaurav Gupta, Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra, Monisha Jaising, Rina Dhaka, Rohit Bal and Varun Bahl showcasing their work.
"I have had a very good association with FDCI and I am very privileged to be starting the India Couture Week again," said Mukherjee, who had opened the fashion week in 2013.
Sunil Sethi, president, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), said Mukherjee is the perfect choice for the opening show of the event as his designs spell sheer luxury and unabashed glamour.
"I`m sure Sabyasachi`s creativity, energy and the grand opening presentation will make this show a memorable one. We wish him luck," Sethi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys