Sacha Baron Cohen punks Hollywood by dumping women from wheelchair
New York: Sacha Baron Cohen punked Hollywood by "accidentally" dumping old women from wheelchair while accepting the `Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy`.
The 42-year-old stand up comedian accepted his award from Grace Cullington, who was in a wheelchair and was said to have appeared in `City Lights` in 1931 at the age of 5, now 87-years-old being the oldest living actor to have worked with Chaplin in a silent movie, the New York Post reported.
Cohen was presented Chaplin`s cane from `City Lights` and he charmingly used it as a prop to mimic Chaplin`s funny walk.
However, Cohen slipped and fell behind Cullington`s wheelchair, making her fall off the stage and into the crowd.
As Cohen jumped off the stage to help her, a security guard slung her over his shoulder and carried her off.
During his speech, Cohen claimed that Cullington is the oldest or rather was the oldest surviving Chaplin co-star, to whom he dedicated his award and called it a tragedy but on the bright side, it was a great way to go, by giving him an award.
According to an insider, Cullington was a 75-years-old stunt woman, who was specially hired by Cohen.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated