Seal more scared of social media influence on kids than drugs
Melbourne: Seal has said that he is more concerned about the impact of social media on his children today than the lure of illicit drugs.
The British singer and father of four told Ellen Fanning`s SBS series, `The Observer Effect`, while "drugs have always been here" the new challenge for parents was protecting their kids from the "recklessness" and "harmful rhetoric" of anonymous online trolls, News.com.au reported.
In a compelling interview recorded last week after his Twitter rant about Joel Madden`s hotel drug raid, Seal said while he warned his kids drugs weren`t "something that you should be dabbling in," he was more scared of the "recklessness" of the cyber world.
"For the first time in our civilisation we are living in this digital age where there is this recklessness on the internet where people can for the first time go on to a public domain, a public space and just splurt the most harmful rhetoric about people without any recourse," he said.
He argued "there should be a mandatory declaration of identity on the internet before you are allowed to voice your opinion."
The 50-year-old said that he is worried about the kind of world that they are creating which his children will eventually grow up to see.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Valentine week: Why 'chocolates' not diamonds are a girl's best friend!
- What is the colour of your aura – Your Zodiac sign will tell you