Selena Gomez denied Russian visa
Los Angeles: Singer-actress Selena Gomez has been denied a visa request by Russian officials reportedly because of her stance on gay rights.
Gomez`s scheduled performances at St Petersburg`s Ice Palace and Moscow`s Olimiisky stadium later this month have been scrapped after she failed to obtain a visa.
The organisers cited Russia`s new anti-gay law as one of the reasons for Gomez`s visa rejection, said E! Online quoting a report in Moscow Times.
The officials are said to have tightened their rules against performers, who voice their opinions on the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender movement after Madonna and Lady Gaga openly criticised Russias stance on gay community.
The `Love Will Remember` hitmaker will continue on her Stars Dance tour with upcoming performances in the United States.
A representative for Gomez said she is not going to Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan