Sex.com- world`s most expensive domain name
Los Angeles: Sex sells and the domain name Sex.com is the world`s most valued web address, selling most recently for $13 million.
In court papers filed this week, its bankrupt owner, Escom LLC., named Clover Holdings Ltd as the successful bidder for the domain name. Escom reportedly bought the domain name for $14 million in 2006.
The deal will go before a bankruptcy judge for approval on October 27. A representative at domain name marketplace Sedo.com said the sex.com domain name was the most expensive ever sold.
"It still holds the record for being the most valued domain name," said a Sedo.com spokesman said Friday.
The auctions of simple domain names are seen as rare opportunities for Internet entrepreneurs. An auction for the www.pizza.com domain name in 2008 attracted bids above $2.5 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!