Sex.com- world`s most expensive domain name
Los Angeles: Sex sells and the domain name Sex.com is the world`s most valued web address, selling most recently for $13 million.
In court papers filed this week, its bankrupt owner, Escom LLC., named Clover Holdings Ltd as the successful bidder for the domain name. Escom reportedly bought the domain name for $14 million in 2006.
The deal will go before a bankruptcy judge for approval on October 27. A representative at domain name marketplace Sedo.com said the sex.com domain name was the most expensive ever sold.
"It still holds the record for being the most valued domain name," said a Sedo.com spokesman said Friday.
The auctions of simple domain names are seen as rare opportunities for Internet entrepreneurs. An auction for the www.pizza.com domain name in 2008 attracted bids above $2.5 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Akira' came at the right time of my career: Sonakshi Sinha
- Katrina Kaif upset with Ranbir Kapoor for talking about their relationship during an interview?
- Revealed! Release date of Shah Rukh Khan's next with Aanand L Rai
- These simple Vaastu tips will declutter your mind
- Research points out how aged wine gets its aroma