Shabana, Javed pledge to donate organs
Mumbai: Veteran actress and social activist Shabana Azmi and her husband, renowned lyricist-writer Javed Akhtar, have pledged to donate their organs.
“Javed Sb and I have both pledged all our organs with the NGO #Organ India #Parasher Foundation New Delhi…,” Shabana tweeted Wednesday.
The Parashar Foundation was set up in 2000 to help the poor and less fortunate by providing funds to various schools, health centers and other organisations. Their goal is also to create an organ donor system in the capital that will benefit people, regardless of religion, age, sex, caste, or social standing.
Shabana has been a social activist and jointly runs NGO Mijwan Welfare Society with her godchild Namrata Goyal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!